SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

{Day 12} 12 Days of Cupcakes - Xmas Tree Cupcake Cake Tutorial

It's the last day of the 12 Days of Cupcakes series!  I hope you enjoyed all the delicious recipes and were able to get some useful tips.

You ever see those cupcake cakes in the grocery store?  Well they are super easy to make.  Here is one that I created for my office co-workers to say Merry Christmas!



To make your own, bake your cupcakes using your favorite cupcake recipe; I used 13 cupcakes for the cake I made.  Form your cupcakes into a triangular shape with about 2-3 cupcakes centererd at the bottom of the cupcake to create a base. 


 Add a small bit of frosting to the bottom of each cupcake to create a 'glue' to prevent cupcakes from moving around while frosting.



Frost your cupcakes with green frosting same as you would a regular cake, being sure to spread frosting in an even layer.  Frost the base white, red or brown.


 Add pretzel rods to the bottom of the triangle to mimic a trunk and decorate with candy garland.  Pipe on a star and 'snow' for a wintery look.



GET CREATIVE!
Old Fashioned hard candy placed at the base of the tree creates the look of Christmas gifts!



I also made these sprinkly cupcakes  - just for fun!

I hope you have enjoyed the 12 Days of Cupcakes!  If you have made any of  cupcakes from the recipes posted - please feel free to send photos to me at kikikens8375@gmail.com and I will add them to a photo gallery on the 12 Days of Cupakes Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails