SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, October 8, 2010

Roller Disco and Down the Bayou Sneak Peeks

I am always humbled, shocked and elated when I get emails from readers who contact me and write how much they enjoy reading my blog.  So, when they ask me to help them plan parties for their kids - but they live miles away from me OR in one case, overseas - I just cannot resist and absolutely honored to work with them.

For the last few weeks I have been working with two separate online clients to design custom invites and decorations for their daughter's upcoming parties this month. 

Here is a sample of the collection I did for one of my clients.  Her daughter is going to have a Roller Disco Skate Party - how fun! 

I went with fun bright colors and tried to create a retro feel while still keeping a contemporary look.  I also made a centerpiece for the birthday girl's table - but forgot to take pictures before I mailed it (dang).  I made up signs for the individual guest tables with 70's themed words to identify where people would sit, like 'Way Cool Cats', 'Platform Players', 'Disco Ballers' and 'Foxy Mamas'!

I had another client who reached out to me from overseas back in June after she came across pictures from my daughter's Princess and The Frog party and this other princess party that I did.  However, she put a cool spin on the idea and choose to do a Bayou theme with a touch of elegance.  After corresponding over the course of five months we are finally finished with all the details.  Here is a look at what we came up with:


BTW - I created that damask pattern myself - using PowerPoint, of course and I also did the other patterns.  That damask pattern was a bitch - but I gotterdone!  I am really considering doing some type of video tutorial on creating graphics using PowerPoint - I don't see that many out there and I have had to learn so much by trial and error.  I will put that in my ideas to bank on file.

Overall, both parties and clients have been such fun to work with; I cannot wait to see pictures of how everything turns out!


4 comments:

  1. OMG, I love it. I love the new PATF party look!!!!

    Fantabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Where did you find the frog images (as well as the princess images from the other party). I have a PATF party this weekend and won't have time to for doing something so elaborate, but I would like to put together some of the images in a centerpiece similar to yours. Thanks for the great ideas! You are incredible!!!! (Ours has a mexican spin, so we have a PATF pinata filled with mardi gras beads, along with the candy.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BabyChupes - Thanks! These are images I created myself! If you are interested in purchasins some of the images or party designs I can set up a listing for you in my Etsy shop!

    Just let me know! Be sure to send pictures of your party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails